Monday, June 27, 2011

Are you who you wanna be?

We all know the old Switchfoot song "This is Your Life" but today it was in my head as I read my devotional. I started Rick Warren's daily devotional today and he was talking about claiming God's promises for you. I know my long term goals, but I STRUGGLE in the daily work of achieving them. I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am capable of doing what God has called me to do, however it's the on the path that I fall so often.

Just like a runner can not buy shoes one day and run a marathon the next; I cannot achieve my ultimate goal without first learning everything I need to know along the way. DANG! Guess that's why I'm such a pathetic runner! :) lol!

Rick Warren talked about first you must assess where you are currently. Not just spiritually, but emotionally, financially, physically, and occupationally. If you want to get somewhere you have to know where you are starting. Then you make a goal for where you want to be. Sounds easy huh?

I know my goals and I am committing to work on them not just daily but minute by minute. It is an uphill battle, but I have learned that even though the learning sometimes hurts, and more often than not I end up flat on my face; I have always had people there to pick me up, help my wounded pride, and walk with me.

I have learned to laugh, enjoy the moment, and be thankful for whatever comes my way. I know that the journey can be hard, but I know it is sooooo worth it.

Not only the journey to my career goals, but my physical goals, my emotional goal, my financial goals, and my goals with my family. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment