Saturday, June 4, 2011

SUMMER!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."


SUMMER IS HERE!!! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Wednesday we had our end of year party, Thursday we made scrapbooks of our year, and I sent them home for the last time, Friday we said goodbye to some dear staff members who are leaving us and then we left for the summer.

Kinda.

I have a training on Monday, but hey, at least there is no kids! :)

As I plan out my summer I realize something- if I don't make a conscious effort I have a feeling I might waste my whole summer.

I know this about myself. I do best when I have 15 THOUSAND things on my plate, when I have ample time, I procrastinate and never get anything done. So as a wise woman,a woman on a mission with a passion and a vision, oh heck who am I kidding, as a girl scared to death of not doing ANYTHING all summer- I printed out DAILY PLAN SHEETS!

I am committing to post it DAILY on the refrigerator so that Ryan can see exactly what I am SUPPOSE to be doing and give me a gentle nudge- or a kick in the butt- to GET IN GEAR!

So today I woke up at 7:30, got everything ready for my open house, realized I had not had a quite time yet, took a shower, turned on the coffee pot, sat down to listen to God, I am now reflecting, and will soon, make the coffee, get dressed and out the door for Nicole's open house, come home, cook lunch, get Blake a FABULOUS 2nd birthday present, nap (hopefully), make some calls, head to Ben and Kat's for Blake's birthday party, come home and CRASH!

I am not wasting this season in my life, I intend to make the most of it. With lots of prayer, as much self-discipline as I can muster, as many people in my life as I can cram into it to help hold me accountable, and a HUGE dose of faith, just watch me SHINE!!

This is going to be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment