Friday, January 20, 2012

33 weeks


7 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!
OMGosh! I am getting so excited/nervous/scared outta my mind to meet this little boy! He is definitely moving around a lot still and keeping me on my toes.
Yesterday was parent-teacher conferences and they went really well. I was super exhausted afterward! About 1/2 way through the day I took off my work shoes and put on flip flops due to swelling. When I got home (around 7:45 last night) I took my flip flops off and saw some bruising from where the straps and been cutting into my feet and I didn't even know it! Needless to say I am wearing tennis shoes today and am on a mission to find some pregnancy-approved shoes this weekend.
Also yesterday one of our teachers laid her husband to rest. It was so touching to hear their daughter talk about their life and what her dad was like. He had retired from the Army and teacher (ROTC and a band director in HISD). When the honor guard presented his widow with the flag I couldn't help but imagine my mom being there and being presented with my father's flag, or myself being presented with Ryan's. I got very emotional (and Eli tried to comfort mommy by kicking till his heart's delight). The teacher who lost her husband stood so stoically and strong. She looked beautiful. I am in awe of her strength, not just yesterday but the strength she displays daily at our school. Continuing to pray for her and her family. Today I can't help but be thankful for all that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment