Monday, March 25, 2013

Child-like Faith pt 2

"For when I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; but when I became a man, I did away with childish things" 1 Corinthians 13:11

I believe child-like faith is a good thing when it refers to certain areas of our faith; however like this verse in 1 Corinthians says when you become a (wo)man you have to put away childish things and start speaking, thinking, and reasoning like a grown up.

For me that means no longer compartmentalizing my faith.

In college I  had a beautiful friend named Heather. She was a strong Christian woman and anyone who met her could see that she put her relationship with Jesus first. We were in Sigma together and because we lived our lives together I saw her fall sometimes. I saw her when she made mistakes, big ones sometimes and small ones. This never made me loose respect for her. Because her faith was the most important thing about her I also had the honor of seeing her humble herself before the Lord and ask forgiveness and turn away from people and situations that compromised her faith. Unfortunately my friend died of a brain aneurism almost 3 years ago. However in her short life she impacted more people that most of us do in a lifetime.

I want to live like that.

I believe with all my heart one reason God blessed me with knowing Heather was so I can see what it means to live life God's way AUTHENTICALLY. So I know how to show my faith, but still be real.

It's not about being a "perfect person" or even a "good" person, but it's about the people around me being able to say that when they say me mess up, which they will do if they spend anytime with me, that they saw me be humble, confess my sin, and try to do better.

Thank you Heather for your impact of my life.

Here is a link to the blog she wrote while she was still with us http://jacobheather.blogspot.com/ read the last entry entitled Rain. It will give you a clue about the type of person Heather was.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Casey. I follow your posts and decided to check out your friends. I feel horrible for what she went through and know exactly how she felt. Though i had longer with Kealeigh that she did with Camdym, i know how hard it was to loose her. The way that she handled it is absolutely amazing. The fact that she was able to post about her loss less than a week after he passing is glorious. I can only imagine how nice it must have been for you to get to live with her and experience her wonderful personality. I wish i could have met her. I think she would have definitely been able to "change" me and how i see the world. I am sorry that you lost such a good friend but am glad the God gave her to you, he husband, both sweet little girls and to all the other people whose lives i am sure that she touched.

    P.S. i have no idea why it is showing me as "Bob". This is Heather B.

    ReplyDelete