Friday, April 29, 2011

Where the Rubber Meets the Road

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen". Hebrews 11:1KJV
“Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV)
I have always thought I had great faith.

After high school I moved away from my family for college, I was the first one to do that. I moved to a small east Texas college where I knew nobody. Big step of faith right? Nope. I was running, running from who I was in high school. I thought a new start would give me the ability to change who I was, to no longer be loud, annoying, too much.

After college I got an apartment in a town 5 hours away from my family. I had no job but now had bills, surely this was faith. Wrong again! I was chasing a boy. I thought for sure that if we lived closer together we could work out our issues and get our happily ever after.

I see now my reasons for doing things were not God's. He put me at ETBU to meet some amazing women and help me grow and develop. He let me move to Arlington to meet Ryan so I could have my happily ever after- well at least as "fairy tale" as real life can be. :)

But I guess I have never REALLY had to step out in faith, until last night. I had to make a big sacrifice to wrap up my pre-qualifications for DIQ. I had to really search and see if I had the faith it would take to do this. If I trusted that if I "call to God that he will answer and grant me great and unsearchable things." Hmmmm... I could use a big heaping dose of great and unsearchable things right now.

We go through our lives saying we have faith but when the rubber meets the road, when it's do or die time it's not an easy task. But I am jumping in; knowing that my Abba Father placed a dream in my heart and He desires to see it come true. I have some growth to do before He places me in a leadership role, I have a lot of learning and molding to do. So I know this journey is about developing me, my faith and most importantly my relationship with Him.

I challenge you today to think about faith- our assurance of things hoped for. What do you hope for? Are you willing to step out in faith TODAY to chase after it believing that God is for you! He is dear one, He desires to give you the cries of heart! You are chosen, you are loved by the King of Kings, you are protected by the mighty fortress! The God who can hold the sun still holds you. Have faith in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment